Reduce and reuse
Many of the things we throw away haven’t always reached the end of their useful life. There are many ways to reuse items, please see the links below to find out more.
- Surrey Reuse Network - A charity and social enterprise supporting furniture and appliance reuse in Surrey.
- Repair cafés - Find out more about repair cafés taking place in Farnham and Guildford. Simply take along your damaged items (including clothes) and experts will help you repair them.
- Cloth nappies - Find out more about reusable cloth nappies.
- Clothes and home textiles: repair and rewear - Find out more about clothes swapping parties, repairing items and sewing courses.
- Reducing junk mail - Register with the Mailing Preference Service to reduce the junk mail you receive.
- Reducing food waste - Take a look for tips, recipes and ideas on how to throw away less.