Education resources for Surrey schools
Surrey Primary Schools – Don't miss out on your free Wastebuster membership
All Surrey state primary schools are being provided with free access to the Wastebuster waste and environmental education programme.
What is available?
- The Wastebuster Home Recycling Challenge - The Challenge is an ideal homework activity that promotes good recycling habits, while offering prizes including £500 cash for the winning school and an iPad for the winning family.
- The Wastebuster Challenge - Complete the Explorer, Mission and Reporter Challenges. These fun challenges are perfect for an eco-committee or science club to get involved in. Why not kick-start with the Wastebuster Home Recycling Challenge?
- Teachers’ Bin - access resources eg cross-curricular lesson plans, eco-team activities, waste reduction guides, videos, Eco-Schools Award guides, and waste auditing tools.
- Kids’ Bin - meet the characters, play games, go on Wastebuster missions, complete eco-challenges, read and contribute to the Green Team News, and get crafty in our ‘Make and Do’ area.
Free compost bins for Surrey schools*
To apply for a bin email firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: Surrey school free compost bin offer. Please include your school address in the email and a contact name.
Compost bin details:
Volume: 330 litres
If you have any queries relating to the compost bin offer please use the contact us page. Please note the application email address is for placing an order only.
Composting teaching resources are also available on the Wastebuster website, to help you with your new bin.
* One bin per school. Limited stock available on a first come first served basis.